Thursday, January 29, 2009

AUDIENCE

My animation is more on the serious side, taking the feeling of being “different” and breaking it down abstractly enough so that viewers can relate the narrative with their own life and/or past experiences with a similar feeling.

Realization and confrontation of this sort of experience starts in school or in work places. If it doesn’t happen to the viewer personally, he/she will have witnessed this “difference” issue early in their lives. People aren’t perfect. There are differences in the world, and acceptance is the key to overcoming and respecting these differences.

I’ve chosen an age group that is in the prime for this type of issue: Starting from ages 15 – 18; I would like this to be for older people as well (in the wider scope), layering like Disney-Pixar films with symbolism that would be recognized only if the viewer has personally learned or witnessed as so…

INITIAL SKETCHES:

The first sketch I've ever done with the Bleu Blood idea.  The swatches on the lower right were going to be how the color palette progressed as the animation went on.

The preliminary sketches of possible storyboards.

I ended up using about 95% of these drawings later, as well as adding 5% to complete the thought.


I was starting to get worried towards the end, because I didn't know if I was showing too many of the same camera angles and views or transitions.

Although, in the end, it turned out to be fluid, even at its most abstract forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment